Monday, March 17, 2008

Cockney latin Joke

A good friend of mine uses various Latin phrases as her online and away messages on iChat which has inspired me to use various quasi-Latin joke phrases that I have picked up over the years. Most of them are fairly obvious but the one I have been thinking of lately I haven't been able to find references to on the internet. I sure would like to find it, especially so I could spell the Latin words that make it up since its effect on people who read Latin ( I don't) is best if they are spelled properly.

It is an old joke that my mother used to tell which looks like Latin but is actually Cockney (or perhaps Yorkshire). It goes something like: "Ullo bile eres ago, fortibuses in ero. Ono bile themis trucks. See whatsinem peasor duks."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bruce! Sister here. I just found this, because I like to look through family remembrances and especially these days, helps me perk up my sometimes rusty memory.
I can almost hear dear Mom saying this, but not very much about it. This in itself makes me feel happy as due to age and probably stressors I have forgotten some things which can often be reclaimed from other family remembrances.
Testing comment function here, let me know if you receive. I am slow moving in winter but I just want to say I love you so much and thank you for all you share with me and my Darling Daughter and all family. I hope you are well and healthy. Love you so, Sis Lisa xoxo hugs, love to Robin, peace always ☮πŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ₯°✌🏻✌πŸΎπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸΏπŸ¬πŸŒŠ